To Our Valued Patrons:
As we continue to manage operations through the on-going COVID-19 situation, we want to make you aware of a change that may impact your attendance at one or more of our touring shows taking place in the new calendar year.
For all Clayton Center for the Arts events, COVID-related protocols or restrictions that apply to ticketholders will be determined by individual artist requirements and/or Maryville College policy.
As the touring performers we feature navigate the uncertainty of COVID-19 across the country, all are looking for the best way to protect themselves and their touring staff as they travel. To this end, some artists are now requiring venues where they will perform, to require ticket holders to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or proof of negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours prior to entering the performance facility. This is in addition to the Clayton Center COVID-19 protocols currently in place (listed below).
In order for these shows to go on as planned, Clayton Center management has agreed to this contractual requirement. We are designing a simple process to accomplish this verification when patrons arrive at the Center prior to being allowed into the facility and will post specifics for this process on our web site – www.claytonartscenter.com. If you have tickets to a show with these additional requirements and feel you will be unable to comply by show time, please contact the Box Office at 865-981-8590 for your options.
Events will be updated with specifics, and ticketholders will be notified in advance of any changes to these policies. For events with no specific artist-driven requirements, the Clayton Center will adhere to the following minimum guidelines:
- Masks for patrons are required and must be worn at all times inside the Clayton Center unless food or beverage is being immediately consumed.
- Venue/event staff will remain masked while interacting with patrons or performers.
- Whenever feasible, Patrons should try to maintain spacing between themselves and those in their households and others.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located through-out the Center.
- Attendees accept inherent COVID-19 risks and take full responsibility when attending any event at the Theatre.
- The Clayton Center reserves the right to alter venue-wide protocols at any time in the future based on relevant data or other mitigating factors. Some artists may elect to cancel or reschedule their shows. In the case of such a change, we will notify all ticket purchasers of any changes, update website listings accordingly, and post across our social networks.
- Artist requirements that differ from Clayton Center policy will be communicated to ticketholders and the public through our website, email, and social media as soon as possible.
Performances currently requiring proof of vaccination are:
The Wailin’ Jennys – Friday, February 11, 2022